Monday 1 April 2013

Jaroussky - Carestini (The Story of a Castrato)

Many of the castrato arias with we have pleasure nowadays, were written in fact spatially for those super stars at that time. This cd contains one pasticcio of arias composed for Carestini (Farinelli's main rival) by the some of the most renown composers of that time. The era of the castrati have finished and no one really know how it was the voice of such singers even though exist  a recording dated from 1902 of Alessandro Moreschi the last castrato, but I cant rely on the quality of the registration because sounds like a rat crying, so, better enjoy the natural countertenors and thrust in their approach to a real castrato voice.

EAC+LOG+CUE | FLAC: 324 MB | Scans
MP3 320 Kbps | 162 MB | Scans
Download

FLAC                                  MP3

1 comment:

  1. love it. Actually, until I read this post, I wasn't sure if I'd read this one or not, How many hours did you spend on research?.
    This and also few other posts really helped me. Are you able to manage such website yourself, without any help? Thank you for your effort. I need to meet you someday

    ReplyDelete